Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Those in favor of surprises.. please sit down

I’m a girl who loves surprises. I never peeked at Christmas presents because that ruined the fun in opening, I never snooped if I suspected a surprise party, and I could hold out for just about any gift or surprise event. Before I was pregnant I always knew I would want the same surprise regarding the baby’s sex. I couldn’t understand people who went to find out if they were having a boy or girl… after all where was the “surprise” in that? Then once the baby was born there was no “IT’S A BOY!” or “IT’S A GIRL! .. its more of a “Yes, it was a boy at 20 weeks and now he’s here”. So naturally when I found out I was pregnant I figured I would go for the BIG ultrasound to see the baby and make sure everything was healthy, but make sure the doctor knew I did not want to know the sex. My husband had other intentions …


After what seemed like a never ending battle, my husband finally “convinced” me into finding out the gender. Although I always dreamed of that moment after you give birth when the doctor announces for the first time if you have a daughter or son, I decided since I will be experiencing so much with the baby throughout the rest of my pregnancy, this was something I could let my husband experience. His valid arguments of course were getting the baby’s room ready-not having to use a gender neutral motif and having the option to go to the store and know if we should be looking at ballerina tutus or baseball bats. So he sold me on not being surprised about the baby’s sex. The appointment was scheduled, and the wait to know we were having a little boy or little girl seemed like the longest three weeks of my life.

3 comments:

  1. I had to know. I love surprises too but my Type A personality kicked in and I just had to know so I could get everything prepared. Just dropping by from MBC. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a great blog. If you looking for Baseball Bats or Baseball Gloves you get them at BattersBoxOnline.com.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the technology now, I would want to know so I could buy stuff NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete