Thursday, February 2, 2012

Walking Baby


There have been so many “firsts” and none (to date) have been as exciting (and tiring) as when my monkey boy learned to walk. He had been trying to stand since he was just a few months old. There were plenty of times months later when he would let go and try to take off, but gravity would take over and the end result would be a baby belly down. Everyone said “he’ll walk soon.. he’ll walk soon” But as I did with MOST of the things people said about his progress.. I ignored it.

Now… my little man wasn’t an anomaly and walking at 3 months. In fact, I think he was pretty average being that he started walking a week before his 1st birthday. But to me .. I was jiped. My baby is growing way to fast. I love to see him grow and learn things but I’m not one of those moms rushing everything. I am trying to indulge and enjoy every single second of every single stage. Plus he went from doing the wobbly Frankenstein walk- arms straight out bobbing from side to side, to a fast steadied bobble that is fueled with an angelic laughter. I guess I’m just not ready.

We had his 1st birthday party the day he turned 1. He was very wobbly but managing to make his way through the rugged terrain of our backyard with a few falls here and there. Just FOUR (that’s right .. 1..2..3..4) days later he was “off” with minimal falls.

At 14 months, he picked up even more speed and an even louder laughter! My husband and I became the infamous “no throw” goalies following him around and making sure all those potential dangerous items aren’t thrown onto the hardwood floors.


Then at 17 months, its faster than ever and hitting corners. When you say things like "do you want to take a bath" you can expect him to a loud "yahhhhhh" as his feet hit the floor and he flies down the hallway.

Ahh.. another item for my Mom Manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment