Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mom Manual


A very good friend of mine and I always joke around that our kids didn’t come with Manuals and if they did how our jobs of being a mom would be so much easier. Our tagline could seriously be “add it to the mom manual”


It’s always nice to have people with children that you are close enough with you can bounce idea off or share stories. I mean let’s be honest here .. you don’t necessarily want to call just ANYONE when your 13 month old takes a nose dive off the couch. Only a close mom would understand that YES you were RIGHT THERE and YES he really DID trick you by creating a diversion and handing you his Itcy Bitsy Spider book.

Now granted, the Mom Manual would need to have various editions. There would be the Mom Manual- Conservative Edition; Mom Manual- Liberal Edition; Mom Manual for the Young Mom; Mom Manual for the Late in Life Mom; Mom Manual- the Progressive Edition and the Original Mom Manual.

These manuals would be handed out with your release papers from the hospital. That little form they make you sign that basically says “the nurse talked to me and told me what I need to do to keep my baby alive” would have a box at the bottom that says “CHECK HERE IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR MOM MANUAL”

It’s a genius idea. In my very short experience thus far of being a mom, I myself can write an entire Section on the “Eating”. That was such an overwhelming process. I’ll have to write a post on it. Coming soon!

What would you include in your Mom Manual??

No comments:

Post a Comment